Monday, May 18, 2009

The big 3-1...

So today is my 31st birthday. And I have to say, it's been a little anti-climatic. How could it go anywhere but down after the week and a half I've had...

Last weekend (mother's day weekend) I left from a conference to drive to Chattanooga for what I thought was a weekend to celebrate Mother's Day. Scott met me up there and everything seemed pretty normal- that is until my mother says "hey, we are going to dinner tonight..." (which should have been a clue- why go out when your father is a gourmet chef?- we NEVER eat out at my parent's house...)

So we leave my house and mom says she needs to drop something my her best friend's new lake house and she wants to show it to me. We head down to their house, and when I walk in there's my little sister, saying "surprise, we are going to have a birthday cookout for you here!" Then they proceed to show me around the house... in every room a different couple pops out: first Alison and Garet (friends from college), then Joy and Alex (friends from college and work) and then Gina (friend from LIFE.) It had all been orchestrated by Scott for months to get me and my best girlfriends together. We cooked out and just talked all night. It was so nice to just relax with old friends in a great atmosphere... check out Joy's post about it here.

the couples_rock city
Click on the photo...it cut Garet off!

the girls

scott and the lake house

the rents

the lake

This past weekend we spent time with friends, saw Angels and Demons, went to dinner at Grits Cafe and adopted a new cat! Meet Rasputin (nicknames to be determined, but probably Raz)

Raz

He's the new addition to the Copeland household and he's fitting in perfectly! What a great birthday week!

6 comments:

Joy said...

Pretty kitty!! We've just 'adopted' another cat, too, but we may have to send her your way ... she and Lucy aren't getting along (which stinks because this new one is the SWEETEST cat I have ever been around) ... maybe we'll make a trip to Macon and bring her over! :)

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott said...

Joy,

I beg of you with all that is decent and good, do not bring that cat to Macon. We have reached our one cat limit and I think we have a nice one. We don't want to tip that delicate balance. :)

Anonymous said...

wow. he's very cute. knowing cats, it won't take him long to establish control over the menagerie.

gbone said...

I like how you sacrificed me just to get people to go to your flicker page. :)

Alison said...

Garet is so kind....

So glad we got to celebrate with you!!