Tuesday, September 1, 2009

If I had a million dollars...

I have a confession. When the mega millions lottery hit $350 million last week, four of us in my building went in together and bought 40 tickets. We had high hopes too. And I think we won $3. Great return on our investment, huh?

Anyway,I'm reminded of one of my all time favorite songs, "If I had a million dollars" by The Barenaked Ladies. In case you've never experienced this song, I'm kind enough to share. :)



Some of the great lyrics:

"if I had a millions dollars
we wouldn't have to walk to the store...
if I had a million dollars
we'd take a limousine cause it costs more
!"

or how about:
"if I had a million dollars
I'd buy you a monkey
(I bet you always wanted a monkey!)"


I just love that song. Anyway, the lottery got me thinking about what I would do if I had that kind of money. Would I hoard it? Would I blow through it? Give it away?

I know one thing, after visiting Savannah this weekend (pictures coming soon), I could definitely live there. There's something magical about that city. But, if I was going to live there, I'd want to live in one of the big mansions on one of the squares, hence the "if I had a million dollars.." thought process.

Anyway, what would you do "if you had a million dollars?"

2 comments:

LindaSmith said...

That's a really good question...first I would pay off our debt...tithe...then help several people we know who are in great need .....then think about what lavish things I would want to give or do for people I love. I would want Greg to have the studio of his dreams -(and spend a couple of weeks alone with my husband somewhere wonderful)give Ashley to the home of her dreams - I would have our walls widened and then get Candy one of those happening hoverounds so she could ride herself around whenever she wanted to..I would build a seperate little room and fill it full of wonderful things for Haylee...give Phil and Becca a HUGE wedding present...hook Scott up with a house with built in music plug ins so he could play whatever music from whatever room = whenever he wanted. And last - but certainly not least - I would put together a group to sing the songs we write and send them out to the fields (which are so ripe and need to be harvested) Of course there would be much prayer for guidance and then we'd do whatever Greg wanted to (which would be really wise and wonderful).

Alison said...

Travel!

The lottery, Carr??? :)