Sunday, June 28, 2009

New roof and new pics...

We've had an exciting week over here. After some feedback after a home inspection, we decided to bite the bullet and put a new roof on the home. I think it looks pretty good, don't you? It's amazing how much money you can spend in one day. And those poor roofers, working in triple digits in Macon, GA...

house with roof

In other news, here are some pictures from the last several weeks. First some home photos...

Basil from my garden
basil2

Hydrangeas from my garden
hydrangea close up2
hydrangea close up bw

Dogs at the dog park...
anna at dog park cropped
anna at dog park2
lexie at dog park with drool
anna in water at dog park

In other news, I have lots of friends that are living in cities that are rated the "Best places to live" (i.e. Huntsville, AL, Auburn, AL) Well, Macon was recently selected as having the BEST tasting water in America. So there.

3 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Hilarious! I checked the link - AWWA...a conference I am very familiar with! Lots of my co-workers were there last week; heck, my dad was supposed to go but declined not knowing when I'd finally give birth! Congrats! And, the pics are great...I am trying to practice my shots, too! Any websites or tutorials that you like?

Anonymous said...

Are those architectural shingles? They look great. I hope it makes a difference in attracting a buyer.

Alison said...

Make sure you add the info about the water to your listing :)!!

We are hopefully getting a new roof soon due to a lovely hail storm - yours looks great!