Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Boston Before and After

I know you have been highly anticipating the before and after pics of Megan's apartment in Boston. Here was the breakdown of our trip: I drove from Macon to a Park and Fly in Atlanta, who promptly took me to ground transportation...where I hopped on a Groome van to Chattanooga. Once I reached Chattanooga, I hopped in the car with Mom (we were driving Megan's futon and other "valuables") and we proceeded to drive 7 hours to northern Virginia. Whew. What a day. Then we were up and on the road by 7:30 a.m. and drove the rest of the way to Boston...reaching our destination at around 4:30 p.m. Thank goodness for GPS! We spent the next few days shopping and putting furniture together and getting her organized. Then, Sunday morning, Megan drove us to the airport where I was flying home on a standby ticket provided by my awesome flight attendant brother-in-law. I was able to catch the first flight AND fly business class!

Back to Boson...Megan is living in a VERY large Victorian house. This house has four apartments in it... and hers (with 4 other people) is the top two floors...which means we had to bring all this stuff up three flights of stairs to get to her apartment AND then another flight to the attic where her room is. There are 5 bedrooms, a large kitchen, sunroom/dining room and family room in her apartment and the house has 3 other apartments in it! It was HUGE! Anyway, here is the house (please excuse these pictures...I took them with my point and shoot... I wasn't trying to be creative, just documentative.)





















the "before" shot of Megan's room.















Several "After" shots... her desk area...she used two tables from IKEA (one for sewing and one for computer)














The chair area. I banged my head on this ceiling!
Megan and I put together this futon chair.
It folds out to a twin bed! Go visit her, she has an extra bed!
I know I will...
Megan with her bookshelves from IKEA.
Mom and I put these together. They contain all her cameras,
bins full of clothing, scraps of fabric and all her little priceless
knick knacks. If you know Megan, then you know she has LOTS of these.












The futon...her sofa/bed... it folds out to a queen size bed.
Surprisingly comfortable!












We had so much fun even though we didn't sightsee at all.
I'm so glad I was able to spend that time with my sister and mother.
Bye from the Road!















No comments: