Thursday, June 12, 2008

Big News...

Hey guys,
Nope we aren't pregnant. :) I know that's what you were thinking. Scott and I are MOVING to Lawrenceville, GA where Scott will be the Worship Pastor at Brookwood Baptist Church. We are very excited about this opportunity, sad about leaving Ingleside and Macon, and a little nervous about the transition. Check out Scott's post here with his perspective.

We really struggled with this decision between two "good" choices (staying here vs. leaving) but decided that we could make a huge impact at the church in Lawrenceville. We are excited to see what God has in store there!

Please pray for us during this transition. I will be staying until the house sells, so pray for my sanity of 1) being alone (I'm not terribly good at it) 2) keeping the house in "show" condition 3) packing and moving. There is a hilarious post that I need to share about the last time Scott left me alone to handle moving/selling a house by myself. That's another post for another day. Also, pray for Scott as he transitions to this new leadership and ministry position. I am so excited for him! We'll keep you guys posted as things progress.

4 comments:

The Slocumb Family said...

Congrats! That sounds exciting! What are you going to do about a job? Does that mean that you are going to be closer to us? I hope so! I would really love to get together sometime soon. Keep us posted!

Alison said...

Yea for being closer!!! I am hoping to plan a trip to ATL this summer to take the kids to Six Flags - we have got to get together. I am dying to see you...my Carr-o-meter is on ZERO!!

Sounds like this is a great opportunity for you all - can't wait to hear all the details!

Alison said...

Oh, and I had to look at a map to see where Lawrenceville, GA was - I had no idea!

Gina Bucy said...

Maybe I can come visit when you are in Macon by yourself. : )

Love you.