Monday, June 30, 2008

An Update for you...

Hey guys,

It's been a while and I have discovered that I am NOT good at this blogging thing. And it's not for lack of things to blog about... in fact, I think it's because I have TOO many things going on TO blog about.
We have had such a whirlwind couple of weeks. We've been using our free time to get the house ready to sell. Why is it that you fix your house up for someone else? I don't get that. We've been putting off fixing up our master bath and now we are being forced to. We've done new tile, new light fixtures, new toilet and new mirrors and Scott ordered a new countertop on Saturday. Scott said that if we get a fixer upper next then our master bath will be the FIRST thing he fixes up since we did this with our first house also!

So we've been fixing up the master bath, landscaping, touching up paint, organizing, etc, etc. Friday we drove to Loganville to look at houses and boy did we find some we like! Wow, it's a buyer's market!

Saturday I had a meeting at the Chamber early and then had to go to Patriotic Sunday practice at church followed by a luncheon to honor Scott (and me, I guess). They wound up having a sort of "roast"- sharing memories and appreciation of Scott and my three years at Ingleside. Whew, I was not prepared for that one. I definitely needed tissues! Then Sunday was the Patriotic Sunday and Scott's last Sunday, so they brought us up on stage and gave us a HUGE print of Ingleside, signed and numbered by the artist and some flowers. We got a standing ovation at both services. It was a very emotional day. After church we went to the Whistle Stop Cafe with our good friends Russ and Vicki and stayed til almost 3:00. We usually have so much to do on Sundays that it was nice to relax and have a LONG lunch. ***Tourism footnote and useless fact: the Whistle Stop Cafe is the original one from the movie, Fried Green Tomatoes. It's in Juliette, GA, about 10 miles from our house. I highly recommend it! Yummy, yummy food and my friend is the manager.

Anyway, keep us in your prayers as we are in this transition. We need our house to sell to be able to buy another one. If we can sell ours, we'll definitely get a bargain in Atlanta! we'll keep you updated as we go...

3 comments:

Alison said...

Yea for an update! I was beginning to think you had fallen off the blog bus...

Praying for a quick sale to your house. Between you and your mom (and Scott!), I'm sure it looks fabulous!!!

The Slocumb Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Slocumb Family said...

Good Luck with selling your house!! I cannot wait for you to move to Atlanta so that we can get together and catch up. Keep us posted!