Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rock Shrimp Anyone?



Hey guys,


We've been on vacation for a week and a half! Wow, it was so needed. We went to visit Scott's parents in Cocoa, FL. Of course seeing nieces,nephews and family was a highlight, as was dining out at our favorite restaurant, Dixie Crossroads. Here's a picture of the bounty (from my phone):

If you've never enjoyed rock shrimp (the middle of the plate)-it's amazing! They taste like little lobsters. Yum!

Anyway, we celebrated the 4th of July with Scott's family (pictures coming) then we met my family at Amelia Island for a week at the beach. What a wonderful time of relaxing and eating. Everyone came, including my MamaCile.

In other news, Scott started his job on Monday and his first Sunday will be the 20th. Keep us in your prayers!

4 comments:

The Slocumb Family said...

I am glad that you had a great vacation. Do you have any idea when you are moving? Good Luck with everything and let me know when you are "in the area".

Alison said...

Hey! We are going to be staying with Amanda in Atlanta the night of August 6th. Any chance you can come up that night - I really want to see you!!

Joy said...

Glad you had a good vacation! -- So jealous of the beach time!!

BryanY. said...

I owe my love of seafood to Dixie Crossroads in Titusville. I was 10. Great to here they're still around.