Thursday, September 11, 2008

Caption Please...

Hey guys,

Last weekend I had the joy of being involved with a communion and candlelight service. My friend, Chris, is a Worship Pastor at a small church plant in Griffin, GA called Journey Church. We've been friends since I worked as the Tourism Director in Monroe County and Chris was the Assistant Chief of Police in Forsyth (County seat of Monroe.) It was fun discovering that we had so much in common- he is a bi-vocational Worship Pastor! We love hanging out with Chris and Heather and their son, Lance and we wish we could see them more (he works at the new Johns Creek police department now in Fulton County.)
Chris was really creative and had some really neat elements to the service, including a 8' cross that was carried into the service and hung while we sang "Wonderful Cross." I got to sing two songs, "Sing to the King" and "To Speak Your Name"- and I had an absolute blast!

Here's a pic from our service. What I want to know is this: What AM I thinking in this picture? Am I thinking "What a wonderful cross?" or Thank you, God." or hopefully not "What's for dinner?" :)




What do you guys think?


4 comments:

Alison said...

I wonder if I could sing with a bleep in my mouth...

Joy said...

I wonder if that shirt is still on clearance at TJ Maxx?

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott said...

"Well, I know that the song says that the cross is wonderful....I wonder if I will feel that ways if it lands on me head...or on Chris' computer?"