Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rest in Peace, Darrick...

Hey guys,
I just found out that a dear friend and co-worker of mine from TVA passed away while serving in Iraq in the Army Reserves. His name was Darrick Wright and he was only 37 years old. He had gotten married since I left TVA three years ago and his wife is expecting their first child in November. He and I started on the same day in 2000 at TVA and went through all the "fun" new employee orientations and training and really bonded. I even tried to set him up with Joy- but he was too short for her. :) remember that, Joy? We cooked for him at our apartment at The Landings! He actually took my place when I left TVA in the Market Research and Evaluation group. He was an incredible guy that never met a stranger. Everyone at TVA is understandably upset. Please keep this family in your prayers, especially his young wife.

More info here and here

3 comments:

Alison said...

What a sucky day. I found out this morning that a friend of mine (who moved to Michigan about 3 years ago) died of cancer. Last I heard, she was doing so well. She got an infection yesterday and it killed her really quickly. She had three kids 12 and under two. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Joy said...

oh, that just hurts to read. What a nice and good guy he was...I don't even know the words to say.

Cara said...

So sad. They actually just showed a clip of the funeral on the news. His wife was just pitiful. :(

I attended Bonnie's funeral on Friday. It was so sad as well. She passed away on Tuesday.

take care,
Cara