Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Saab Story...

My beautiful, black Saab met its match last Wednesday when a large deer ran in front of it. I have mixed feelings about this. In many ways, it's like the end of an era. This car was the first car I ever bought by myself. It was my "I'm a single and successful young woman" car that I bought when I was 23. It's almost symbolic of that time period of my life. I almost cried when I went today and cleaned it out. It's been a constant in my life and has seen me get married, buy our first home, take a step of faith and move to Georgia, buy our second home and now as we are trying to sell and move again. There was nothing like the carefree feeling of driving the rural roads of Georgia with my sunroof open, radio blaring and turbo engine revving. I'm very sad that this car had to go "this way."

At the same time, we've been needing a new car and were just holding on to this car until the right "deal" came along. And thankfully the insurance company gave us way more money than we could have gotten for a trade-in or even a private seller. AND, most importantly, the car did its job and protected me from harm.

So, I leave you with pictures of my car...may it rest in peace.


7 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

What a familiar story! Ha! I had the "single and successful" Maxima that got taken out by a deer. Now I am in the "family sedan" Camry! Big change! So glad you weren't hurt...praise the Lord!

Alison said...

Your title to this post was so clever, my dear (HA!, no pun intended :).

What sad pictures...it seems like you just got that car! Of course, it seems like we were all just in Auburn too, sigh.

Joy said...

My thoughts echo Alison's exactly!! It was just yesterday that we were at The Landings...

...RIP, dear Saab...

Gina Bucy said...

Oh my God! The Saab looks horrible! So, so glad you are okay. Better the car than you! Let me know when/if you come in to town. Love you girl! : )

The Canada's said...

WOW! The Swedish engineering did its job... no pics of the deer? I remember when you got the car and very excitedly showed it to me. I was very unfamiliar with SAABs. I don't think I got overly enthusiastic and you were a little mad at me, lol! It was a good car. RIP. What are you thinking for new wheels?

Glad you are OK! Carrrrrrrr

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

Actually, Jason, if I remember correctly, you were familiar with SAAB jets and not cars. :)

oh well, I'll be in a family car soon. I think I'm going to get a Rav4. We'll see...

The Canada's said...

Yes I was hired to fly a SAAB 340 http://www.saabhistory.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/340_saab_small.jpg and it never happened because of 9/11... Good memory!