Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm a gangsta...

Hey guys,

wow, it's been almost a month since I updated anything. A LOT has changed. I went to Disney World with my friend, Gina and her sister, Shandra. We had a BLAST. I'll post more about that later (with some great photos!)

Right after I got back from Disney, I began work as the Interim Executive Director at the Jones County/Gray Chamber of Commerce and Development Authority. It's a lot of responsibility, but I'm enjoying learning new things that will hopefully help me in my career down the road. The job is part of the reason I haven't posted anything in a while. My brain is just too pooped to blog at the end of the day.

Now, to get to the title of this post...

Yesterday I was minding my own business driving and a deer decided to commit suicide and ran DIRECTLY in front of me on the rural highway I drive to work. I swerved to miss it, but almost head on collided with a huge gravel truck. I really am lucky to be alive right now, but my car is totaled. Luckily, my co-worker was on her way to work and was an angel. She met me at a gas station and waited on the deputy and the wrecker to tow my car. Scott came home early and we got a rental car. So now we will probably be in the market for a car and unfortunately our "car fund" is in mutual funds/stocks. Bad timing. We were hoping that my car would last another year and then we'd be in better shape to buy one. Keep us in your prayers as we embark on this journey. I hate HAVING to buy a car.

Anyway, here's my car for the next couple of weeks...a Chevrolet HHR. Scott and I call it my "gangsta car." Whatcha think? Does it fit me?


7 comments:

Holly Gibson said...

Oh Wow - that is horrible. Glad you are ok. After a random totaling of my new Honda, Josh and I bought a PT cruiser with the cash we got from the wreck. Then we bought a second after selling the corolla for a whopping $100. We LOVE them. Their names are Pedro del Toro Azul and Goldie Don Corleone. Both rival gangstas. :)

Not worth a purchase if you want a family. They are big, but not that big - however, Scott isn't Josh's height. Its a one car seater.

Good luck with the purchase - its totally a great time to get a steal on a car. :)

Alison said...

OK. I just tried to leave a comment and it lost everything I wrote - let me test this first...errr..

Alison said...

Take Two:

I am so glad you are OK!! I almost hit a deer several years ago and I still get nervous driving down that road...especially at night.

Good luck with the car search. Maybe your mutual funds will bounce back tomorrow. I made the mistake at looking at our statements last month...I feel your pain!

On the way to lunch this afternoon, I was behind an HHR. I pictured you leaning outside the window with a machine gun and that puckered lip thing you do. It made me smile!

Oh, and is your new job near Macon or Lawrenceville?

The Slocumb Family said...

You are so funny about the car! I am glad that you are ok....that is scary! I am glad that you like your new job. We need to get together soon for dinner...I would love to see you!

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

Thanks for your concern, guys!

my new "job" is at the same place I've been working- I'm just filling in as the director (because my boss had to move) until they find someone. it's in the county next door to where i live. the job i interviewed for a few weeks ago is still going- i should hear something soon on it. eep your fingers crossed!

Joy said...

whoa, carr -- glad you are okay!!
sorry the saab isn't~:(

Alison said...

They're crossed!