Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Green with envy...

Nothing much to post about these days. I am literally GREEN with envy as my husband is gallavanting around our old stomping grounds in Franklin, TN at the re:create conference. He's living it up with Michael W. Smith and other famous worship leaders and eating at all the finest restaurants that Franklin has to offer, while I'm stuck here eating cereal every night. No, I'm not bitter at all.

And I mean what I say when I say green with envy...

check out my arm. I got lab work done last Friday and it hurt. It doesn't normally, but it really hurt on Friday. Well, now I know why! They must have blown through a vein because I am bruised all up and down my arm. It looks like I'm a battered woman, seriously. But, alas, this is just a day in the life of a "sickly" woman. I get lab work monthly, but I'm happy to do it because it means that I'm on the "maintenance" plan when it comes to my health. Speaking of, Friday, February 13 marks the SIX year anniversary of the transplant. I sure am glad February 13 wasn't on a Friday when I had the transplant. Big milestone people. Maybe I'll buy everyone a round to celebrate...


4 comments:

Alison said...

That hurts me just looking at it! I hope it looks worse than it feels.

Congrats on 6 years!!!

Holly Gibson said...

how awful - I did have one with a bruise that large for consecutive hourly work. I though I looked like a crack addict. Congrats on such a great achievement. God is good!

Holly Gibson said...

correction: blood work that is - I don't bruise because I work :P

Joy said...

Yay for six years!!! I can still remember Scott calling me that night: "She's making urine! She's making urine!" was what he kept saying over and over... :)