Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm Baaack...

I'm back to the land of the living (literally.) While at Christmas at the Copelands this year, my sisters-in-law (all three of them) kept raving about the "Twilight" series. In fact, I barely saw Scott's sister, Shelley, because she had her head in the last book every chance she had. Scott and I even made fun of her a few times because of this...

I was convinced that these were silly, teenage books (and in a way, they are), but I was convinced that ONLY teenagers read these books. Not so, it seems. I've always had a fascination with vampires- I read "The Historian", which launched me into research about Vlad the Impaler and the various places detailed in the book. So, once I heard the sisters-in-law raving about these new "vampire" books, I had to give them a try.

Well, once I got started, I couldn't put them down. I've literally read all four books in about two weeks. I've been obsessed. Every spare moment has been spent with my nose in one of those books. Now I can't wait for the movie to come out on DVD since I missed it in the theater.
Now, if you choose to read these books, don't expect to learn anything. This is NOT "The Historian" which is packed full of history and geography. BUT, as my sister-in-law put it, this is great "brain candy." Any other adult "Twilight" fans out there? ...come on, don't be afraid- I admitted it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An obsession can be a great thing. Especially when it brings insight or enlightenment. And something you can't keep your hands off of can consume you. And you found a collection of them. What a wonderful thing to get truly lost in a compelling story. So have you decided to become a vampire now?

Julie Scott said...

I'm also obsessed.

Alison said...

Sorry...I am way behind in my google reader, so I just saw this.

You know I was obsessed! Loved them!

I hate that you missed the movie - I thought it was the icing on the cake!