Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birdie update

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. ~ Lou Holtz


The little birdies that have taken up residence in the wreath outside my front door are about to outgrow their nest. Below are the various stages:


Taken about two weeks ago: Naked little things with their eyes closed.

Taken about a week ago... Notice the wall of poop surrounding them

(that will be fun to clean up when they leave!



Taken this afternoon. They are getting so big they barely fit in their nest! Hopefully I can get some shots once they leave the nest in a couple of days!



They are so cute. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about them like I would if Gorbs was still around. Now I just have to worry about snakes getting them!

2 comments:

Scott said...

I'm so proud. Look how big they are. You should update with the story about how they have apparently flown the coop and are making their way in the world.

Anonymous said...

You know, it takes a tremendous amount of courage for a fan of any other SEC school to quote Lou Holtz.