Sunday, April 26, 2009

Seven Pounds

Scott and I didn't know what to do with ourselves this weekend. We've spent the last couple of weekends working in the yard and various other house projects. We have an open house (hopefully) NEXT sunday, so I'm sure we'll spend next weekend getting ready for that.

Anyway, we rented two movies and I loved both of them. Friday night we watched "Slumdog Millionare". I was a little wary of it because I don't usually like the movies that are "hyped" during Oscar season, but this one was worth a watch. Very inspirational and had a little bit of a "kharma" feel to it. My advice: Watch it with subtitles. Even though they speak English throughout, it can be hard to understand them.

Next we watched "Seven Pounds." This movie was recommended to me, and now I understand why. It goes perfectly with all my organ donation/organ transplantation topics. That's all I will give away. :) As Scott put it, "that movie really makes you think." Definitely worth a watch. Will Smith is amazing as usual. My advice : pay attention! It's confusing at first, but all comes together in the end.


In other news, I'm in LOVE with a health food/protein bar. I usually hate them and would rather eat dirt than these products that my husband lives on. He's always trying to get me to eat healthier and try these "healthy" protein bars. We both eat on the run a lot, he just makes much healthier choices than I do. :) If you are like me, you may like the Kashi ROLL protein/fiber bars. Try the Oatmeal Walnut. YUM. I had one for dinner tonight.
That's my random post for the week. Has anyone seen these movies? What did you think? If you watch them because I recommended them, let me know what you think. :)

1 comment:

james.powerade said...

great movies, i loved them both! i just wanted to comment on protein bars... if you like to eat em, try a power crunch bar from bnrg (www.bnrg.com)
they are 100% all natural and delicious, full of protein! they taste delicious and come in 7 great flavors!