Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dreams and Mt. Vesuvius

This is bizarre. The other night I had the MOST vivid dream that Scott and I had gone back in time and were in Pompeii, Italy in A.D 79. We knew that Mt. Vesuvius was going to erupt soon and were warning people, but no one believed us. Then, my friend Joy (who was back in time with me for some reason) called me on my cell phone (don't ask me why we had cell phones in A.D. 79) to find out where I was. She wanted to be near me so we could die together. How morbid and weird is that?

The other weird thing about this dream is that I found out today that it's the anniversary of the massive eruption that buried Pompeii and killed thousands on August 24 and 25th, A.D. 79. Isn't the brain an amazing thing? Growing up, I was fascinated with the stories of Mt. Vesuvius, Mt. St. Helens, the Titanic, etc. Somehow I think the date of the Mt. Vesuvius eruption was buried somewhere DEEP in my brain and came out in my dream. You guys have anything happen like that?

5 comments:

Alison said...

All the time. I have a lot of interesting dreams and I swear some of them are real!

Scott said...

Yeah, like the other day when I dreamed that I looked over at my computer and dreamed that the stupid cat was sitting on it. All I have to say is that it is a good thing for the cat that I just dreamed that.................

Joy said...

hmm, interesting...

...no fears, if that ever happens, I'll call you so we can be flown back over and buried next to TJ Maxx remains (hey, if we could have cell phones back then, then I guess we could have a TJ also, right?)

Gina Bucy said...

WOW chica! What a dream!!!!!! You take it so nonchalantly...you know me, I would've thought it was a message from the universe. LOL

Love ya....Disney World isn't far away!!! : )

The Canada's said...

A dream like that... yep I am about to be woken up with a trip the the bathroon! (sorry couldn't resist)