Sunday, August 10, 2008

Live Blogging from the World's Longest Yard Sale...

hey guys,

I'm blogging live from Signal Mountain, TN where I have been since Thursday. That's right folks, I have been at the World's Longest Yard Sale and have been having a blast "yard-saling" with my mom and sister. I'll take a picture of my "loot"... but I got several southern living cookbooks, two work shirts, a bread tin from 1978 (special year) and an old window. I'm not sure what to do with the window, but I was thinking of blowing up some Scotland pics to 5x7 and putting them behind the panes. Any suggestions creative people out there?

Anyway, it's been so fun. You guys need to check out this yard sale sometime. it goes from Gadsen, AL all the way to Ohio on Hwy 127. People seriously rent U-hauls and travel the length of it. Now, I'm not that dedicated... I've stayed on Signal Mountain. Another useless fact: It was started by the Jamestown, TN Chamber of Commerce as a way to promote these small communities and has grown every year. And it's being emulated across the country. In fact, when I worked at the Monroe Chamber, we participated in a similar sale called the Peaches to Beaches yard sale that went from Culloden, GA (in Monroe county) to Brunswick on Hwy 341. I just love these ingenious Chamber people and what they do to promote their communities!

I've also spent a lot of time reading and relaxing on my mom's porch and all her birds. I've got some decent shots of the hummingbirds which I will also post on my flickr page.

2 comments:

Alison said...

We drove up 75 on our way from Atlanta home on Thursday...we were so close!!!

The Canada's said...

I will definately have to check that out sometime!!! I thought I had found some good treasures just in our neighborhood. I can't imagine all the stuff you could find at a yard sale that big!!!

-Lindsey