Thursday, August 14, 2008

My babies...

My babies right now are my two puppies, Lexie (the beagle) and Anna (the lab/shar-pei mix). I'm not sure if I've ever told you the story of our animals' names. When I had my transplant, Scott let me get a kitten. I brought home a scrawny little white and black kitten from the pound. He had a big, black spot on his head and Scott decided to name him "Gorbachev" (we call him Gorbs or Gorby) because his spot is in the same spot as Gorbachev's birth mark.











Well, we decided to go with this "Russian" theme with as we acquired more animals. Next we got our beagle puppy, and we decided to name her "Alexandra" and call her Lexie. Then we got our Lab/Shar-pei mix and named her "Anastasia" and call her Anna. Don't worry, we aren't going to continue this trend with our children!
anyway, we have taken our dogs so many places since we've had them and they are always up for a ride. And they are the BEST travel dogs. We usually travel with them in Scott's Pathfinder, where we have a gate set up and they have the reign of the trunk area. I didn't have this luxury when I took them to Chattanooga this past weekend and we all had to pile in my little Saab. But check out my angels! They were so great! Here's Lexie (who decided she HAD to sit in the passenger seat like a human)
And here's Anna, who was an angel in the back seat.
I love my babies! (yes, I took these with my phone while driving- Don't worry, I was careful!)

No comments: