Sunday, January 25, 2009

Maya and me and wii...

Meet Maya. She's my personal trainer. I've been working out with her for a couple of weeks now, only I don't go to the gym. I work out with Maya in the comfort of my own home via our Wii and My Fitness Coach. She's challenging, she's fun and she kicks my butt. Scott bought this game for me just after the new year began because I think he was trying to give me a hint AND it was only $19.99. I was a little sceptical at first, but I'm a believer now. You begin by creating your profile, including your height/weight/heart rate, taking measurements and conducting a fitness profile. I was embarrassed at how few pushups I could do. Maya then uses your results to make recommendations on what she thinks you should work on. You have the option of working on specific things like cardio, yoga, or focusing on upper body, core or lower body. One of the neat things about the program is she asks you periodically how you are handling the workout and she will adjust your next workout accordingly. How often do you get that at the gym? So far I am pleased with Maya and would recommend her highly! For any of you with a Wii, it's a must buy!

2 comments:

Alison said...

So is this different from Wii Fit? Brian & Kristen got that for Christmas and I'm looking forward to trying it out when I go up there to visit.

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

Yes,
it's different than the wii fit. The fit hs a mat that you use, etc and My Fitness Coach is basically just a game (hence the cost difference.) i've heard lots of good reviews about the fitness coach game, especially for the price. I'm pleased anyway!