Monday, March 9, 2009

Tribute to Gorbs

I lost one of my babies today...my cat, Gorbachev (aka, Gorbs, Gorbie, Fats and too many other names to count.)

I didn't see Gorbs at all on Sunday . There's been many nights that he's stayed out all night, so didn't think anything of it. He was a lover of the outside (and yes, we have a fenced yard and he wore a collar.) But after he wasn't home when I got home from work today, I had a very bad feeling. He had never been gone this long before. I took a trek into the woods behind my house and saw the evidence of a fight. I'm pretty sure a coyote got him.
I'm so upset right now. I feel like he was my child and I let him down. He wasn't the sweetest or nicest of kitties, but he was MY kitty. He only had eyes for me. In fact, he was my "present" when I found out I had to have my transplant. He was the one who kept me company while I was recovering from the surgery (see picture to left- this was Gorbs and me post surgery.) And he'll always hold a special place in my heart.
Goodbye, sweet Gorbie. I love you...
I'll leave you with some funny pics of Gorbs.

Silly Gorbs as a kitten... he liked to stalk you and attack...


Ahh... the infamous "Gorbs and the snake" incidence...

4 comments:

Scott said...

I'm so sorry. I know how much you love your animals and it hurts me to have you this sad. You didn't let Gorbs down. He had a great life. He knew that you loved him and I know he really loved you(me, he just tolerated).

Joy said...

I'm so sorry, Carr!

Alison said...

I'm so sad for you!! Sorry, Carr!

Gina Bucy said...

Carmen I am so sorry. : (