Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Boston and flickr

I recently visited Boston for a wonderful occasion. My little sister,Megan, has applied to graduate school for photography and had an interview at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design. (She also has an interview with Yale at the end of the month!)

My mom and I went with her to Boston and had a wonderful time. On the day of Megan's interview, Mom and I walked the "Freedom Trail" - which walks through two and a half centuries of America's most significant past. It includes the graveyard where greats such as John Hancock, Samuel Adams and Paul Revere are buried, Paul Revere's house, the site of the Boston Massacre, the Boston Tea Party, the Old North Church and the U.S.S. Constitution. It was really neat to think that I was walking where history was made, and essentially these men that we know as our forefathers were actually committing high treason.
Overall we had a wonderful time. Megan nailed her interview (and recently got an acceptance letter), we at lots of yummy italian food and did lots of shopping on Newberry Street at shops that we don't have down here (Anthropologie anyone?)

Check out my pictures on my flickr site!

2 comments:

Alison said...

I have your flikr site on my google reader, so I had lots of pictures today - loved looking at them!

We did Boston not too long ago when my brother got married in VT and I loved it! We actually walked the whole trail with Levi - he was such a trooper.

Yea for Megan!

Anonymous said...

One if by land, two if by sea, was there a three? Sounds like a great opportunity. And congrats to Megan.