Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Check this out: Go Mocs!

Somehow I get the feeling he's making fun of my hometown and its school. Funny story about the mascot changing. They have always been the UTC Mocs, but growing up they were the "UTC Moccasins" and a Cherokee Indian war chief was the mascot. Well, in the name of political correctness, they decided to change the name. Rumor has it that the students were given a survey and the choices were between the "UTC Mocs" as a water moccasin (snake) mascot and the "UTC Mocs" as a mockingbird.
Yes, the students chose the mockingbird, which strikes fear in any opponent I'm sure. I think the students thought it was a joke. :) Notice the fighting Mockingbird on a train... Chattanooga Choo Choo, anyone?




2 comments:

Joy said...

How funny that you posted this!! I was awake watching this the other night, and I was thinking, "This guy is insulting UTC. Carmen would be upset."

Alison said...

That was pretty funny!