Monday, May 26, 2008

Callaway and Economic Development...

I attended the Georgia Economic Development Association's Spring Workshop in Callaway Gardens last week. Economic Development and Callaway Gardens go hand in hand (actually they do...tourism is Georgia's second largest industry)
Anyway, here's my last week in pictures.

this is the chapel at Callaway...right at dusk. It was really beautiful on the inside.
this is my favorite photo that I took while I was there. It was taken at the Butterfly conservatory. I was proud that I captured that moment!
A water element at the Butterfly conservatory...

At FDR State Park in Pine Mountain, GA. This is where FDR used to sit and think about the problems of the world and come up with solutions. Maybe this is where he thought up TVA...

It sure had a lovely view! Reminded me of, you guessed it, Chattanooga!

Me with the FDR statue at FDR State Park.

If you haven't been to Pine Mountain or Callaway Gardens in a while, I recommend it. The Lodge and Spa was AMAZING. Every detail was thought out.

We also had a VERY eventful weekend with Scott's family. I'll post more about that later! And I hope to do some photoshopping of my Callaway pics and get them up on my Flickr account.

4 comments:

Alison said...

The one of you looking over your shoulder with FDR is SO you! Classic. It made me smile. I miss you so much - we must get together soon or I'll cry!

Gina Bucy said...

WOW! What great pictures!!! They look professional!! Love you girl.

Joy said...

oh, the butterfly room is my favorite -- great picture you got!

Can you believe I haven't been to Callaway since we went when we were freshmen at Auburn? Kind of sad...

Gina Bucy said...

Hry chica you haven't added a new post in a while...me either! Got bored with it. You know how excited I get with a new project, then weeks later pretty much forget about it lol. : )

Got our plane tix Friday...better to buy them now before they go up again. Love you!! : )