Sunday, May 18, 2008

Three-Zero

So, I turned the BIG 3-0 today. I woke up at 6:45 and was rubbing my sleepy eyes on my way to the bathroom and a cheerful husband says a loud "Welcome to the Club!" I was so tired that I didn't even comprehend that he was referring to my birthday and entering my 30's. Note to husband and others: Don't crack jokes in the morning and expect me to comprehend.

We had a rather eventful weekend. Friday I worked and when I got home we laid tile in our bathroom most of the night, taking a break only for dinner. I think I'll do a before /after post about our master bath once it's finished. We still want to do a new countertop, mirrors and light fixtures.

Saturday I had a Chamber meeting at 9:00 am . When I got home I made peanut butter pies (yum) for a band/orchestra party Scott had organized for Saturday evening. He had two of his buddies and band mates grilling ribs ALL day. We held it at a local children's home with a great recreation complex and pavilion and playground. We had a great time of food and fellowship. You know how us Baptists are - we love our potlucks!

Today I sang on the praise team at church (which means sound check at 8:00 am followed by two services at 9:30 and 11:00) Afterwards, the student ministry had rented two of the theaters at our local AMstar for an outreach event. The students invited friends for a private viewing of Prince Caspian: The Chronicles of Narnia. Since Scott works with the student bands, we were invited to come. I think we had over 500 kids at this event. What a great way to outreach! I highly recommend the movie- great imagery and symbolism. I got popcorn with butter since it was my birthday.

After the movie I had choir practice... my second soprano sisters sang Happy Birthday to me ! What a great ending to a great birthday. I am also the proud owner of a new ipod 80 GB. Don't ask me how I'm going to fill that up...

3 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Birthday!!! I told Garet it was your birthday, but didn't get a chance to send you wishes yesterday because all 4 of us had a bug (it was not a pretty sight). Let me know what you think of the 80 G IPOD. I still haven't opened mine yet and I want to make sure I got the right one :). So far, 30 hasn't been so bad - you'll have fun!

BryanY. said...

Happy Birthday Carmen! You are gonna love that 80GB iPod. I've got one myself... it's really sweet.

The Slocumb Family said...

Happy Birthday to you! We hope that you had a great birthday and we wish you many, many more!!!