Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Savannah and Photos

Hey guys,
I promised you a blog about my trip to Savannah. I know you have been sitting on the edge of your office chair waiting with baited breath for the update. My boss and I ventured down to the beautiful city of Savannah to try to "pitch" our industrial park to the Economic Development officials there. Our industrial park is 972 acres and the entire north corridor is served with direct rail to the Port of Savannah, and with gas prices the way they are, this is a huge selling point for future industrial prospects. Here's some useless facts for you: The Port of Savannah is the 4th busiest port in the U.S. after L.A., Long Beach, New York - then little Savannah. It's grown by double digits over the last ten years and 70% of the product coming through the port is from Asia.

Anyway, we had to mix a little fun in with the trip, so Thursday afternoon we walked around downtown Savannah and ended up at Forsyth Park, a gorgeous city park with a fountain. Here is one of my pictures of the fountain.

We also visited the Wormsloe State Historic site, the road of which was featured in Forrest Gump. Remember when Forrest was getting picked on and Jenny told him to "Run, Forrest, Run!" Here's my picture of the road into Wormsloe: And the picture of Forrest Gump running!


I also wanted to let you guys know that I have started a flickr account. I'll post it on the side of my blog as well. I'll post the more "creative" photos that I've been taking and you can witness as I learn and improve. Thanks so my parents: I got a 50mm f 1/8 lens for my birthday, so I look forward to taking lots of photos in the near future! Click Here for my flickr account.





2 comments:

Alison said...

Did your trip bring back memories of when you came to visit me??

I added your flikr account to my reader, so I'm looking forward to seeing lots more pictures!!

BryanY. said...

Savannah is a gorgeous town. I was there for work for several weeks about 10 years ago and I loved it... other than the work part... great town.