Friday, April 18, 2008

30 days to 30

So my friend Alison wrote a post entitled "30 days of 30" after experiencing her 30's for one month. Her post was mostly about what she wants to accomplish in her next 30 years, but it inspired me. If you haven't figured it out already, I will turn 30 on May 18, and while I am not upset about it in the slightest, it has caused me to be somewhat introspective. What have I done with my life so far? What have I not accomplished that I thought I would? What do I want to accomplish in the next decade or the next 30 years as Alison pointed out?

These are all potential posts, however, for this post I want to concentrate on what to do with my last 30 days of being in my 20's. So, I need you guys' help. What should I do? I need this to be realistic, so traveling around the world (while fun) should not be an answer! I need some guidance.

I am an immature woman of 29 who wants some suggestions for living up her last month of youth. Maybe I'll follow Alison's lead once I have become a wiser woman of 30 and create a list of things I want to accomplish in the future.... right now I want to live in the present!

7 comments:

BryanY. said...

skydiving and bull riding... definitely...

Alison said...

Eat a piece of cheesecake everyday. Your metabolism is better now than it will be in your 30s! :) Of course, you would probably prefer Bleeps, so eat one of those a day!

Looking forward to your future posts!

Bull said...

30 is the theme, right? I think over the next 30 days, you should do something nice for 30 people. Or do something nice for one person 30 times. Or just send me 30 dollars.

Joy said...

eat a bleep AND a piece of cheesecake everyday -- I agree with the metabolism thing (even my sister has suddenly gained 20 pounds since August!)...

I like Bull's idea too -- 30 "do good things', one each day or something.

I keep trying to begin the post like Alison's, but I can't make up my mind about everything...I keep getting new ideas and changing my mind about the 30 things I want to accomplish!

Gina Bucy said...

Hey love, your youth does not end at 30, and the last days of your 29th year are no different than any other day. So let it fly. Enjoy your loving husband, your friends, those beautiful trees you've written about, and know that "These are the days...the sweetest days we'll know. So we whisper our dreams here in the darkness, watching the stars 'til they're gone. And when feelings and memories have all faded away, these days go on and on."

But mom says you ought to take a trip to the spa, dress up like you're going to prom, and have Scott pick you up with a corsage for a great date. "And they go dancing, around and around without any cares. And her very first true love is holding her close, and the soft wind is blowing her her. And for a moment, she isn't scared."

Or step on an electric fence just to see how it feels lol. : )

Gypsy Girl said...

I love and agree with Gina's comment. Enjoy every moment because they are gifts from the Lord.

I've been in my 30's for a few years and still feel pretty young.

My question is what is something you want to do (besides travel around the world)that you have not done yet?

One suggestion is that you should fly to Dallas and have some girl time with one of your friends who misses you a lot. ;)

I also suggest you grab a canvas, brushes and paint...or paper and charcoals...or something like that...and let the creativity flow!

Love ya!!

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

hmmmm.... all great suggestions. I especially like Keri's idea of flying to Dallas to see her. Anyone up for a road trip? :)