Thursday, April 3, 2008

The confusion that is Copeland blogging...

Hello friends (and future friends!)

I've been feeling a lot of pressure lately to start a blog, and have been very hesitant to do so. Why do you ask? Honestly, I'm not sure my life is interesting enough to merit having it documented daily on the world wide web. But alas, my sweet husband, has finally convinced me to begin one. This is a selfish move on his part because he is tired of me commandeering his. Even though we don't have a ton of exciting things happening to us on a daily basis, I am all the time saying, "ooh, you should blog about that!" or "why don't you blog about _____ that we did this weekend." Sometimes he obliges me, but most of the time I get the eye roll and a comment about how I should "start my own blog." Thus, "Carmen's Blog of Useless Facts..." is born. If you knew me in school (or know me now) , you'd know that I have an amazing memory for useless facts. I can tell you anything you want to know about Chattanooga, TN. I can sing the lyrics to just about any song that I've ever heard. I know tons of interesting tidbits about the Civil War, urban sprawl, the tourism industry, dog training, house renovation, and I always like to give my input on worship leading. My friends in college used to say that I should write a book called, "Carmen's Book of Useless Facts", but I'm thinking this blog will be the closest thing to that. Also, it allows me to cater the blog to whatever I feel like on any given day. It gives maximum flexibility for my minimum thoughts. :)

I figure that those of you who are interested (why, I'm not sure) in what's going on with the Copelands, you should probably look here first. Scott's blog will probably contain mostly his artsy topics and his occasional rantings about politics and global warming. Enjoy and leave lots of comments!

7 comments:

Alison said...

Yea!!!! I'm so excited - this is going to be great! I'm adding you right now. I know you won't disappoint on useless facts :). That's why we love you so much!

Bull said...

"I'm not sure my life is interesting enough to merit having it documented daily"

That's never stopped me. Welcome to the world of blogging.!

The Canada's said...

So glad you started a blog! Can't wait to read your posts!

-Lindsey

BryanY. said...

Thank goodness! I'll have the more intelligent Copeland on my blogroll!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Wow! I checked it earlier and you have done MAJOR construction on it since then - how fun! I love the pic at the top! Anyway, glad you are blogging - I like girlie blogs with lots of pictures and nonsense. Don't ever feel bad for posting anything...ha!

Scott said...

Bryan, in that case you should have Anna The Dog blog for the good stuff. That's where you get the juicy gossip and tibits.

Joy said...

yea! you're here too! I'm adding you right now! -joy